Besides earning a PhD in computer science in 1934, which was very rare for women at the time, this awesome lady (Grace Hopper) was also an admiral in the US navy! On top of that, you probably wouldn’t be able to read this if it weren’t for her - she is considered the ‘Mother of computers.’ After WWII she worked at Harvard and played a key role in the creation of the IBM-Harvard mark 1, the first large scale computer in the US.
She also coined the term ‘bug’ for computer glitches.
French street artist and illustrator Eric Lacan, aka Monsieur Qui, is best known for his large black and white collages that cover the streets of Paris, Marseilles, and London. Constructed out of acrylic and spray paints, wheatpaste, and cut paper, the artist’s lively designs will certainly capture the attention of anyone passing by.
tried to explain to the seven year old i babysit that being immortal would actually be awful because eventually everyone you know would die and you would be alone and he was like “good”
Nick Lucas — I’m Waiting For Ships That Never Come In (1928)
I’m just a dreamer whose dreams go astray
Elia Kazan: Now what do you think of each other?
James Dean and Paul Newman in a screen test for East of Eden, 1954.
if you are a lil unsure about your outfit just remember rupert grint went to his first premiere wearing this
why do i only kiss people when i’m drunk
- suffered an abusive childhood because of her alcoholic father
- in trinidad and tobago
- who once tried to kill her mother and burn down their house
- worked 15 service jobs before releasing her first mix tape
- didn’t get shit from record companies until her third mix tape
- makes music that constantly challenges long held ideas
- raps about ‘opulence’ because she deserves it and worked for what she had
- was raised by a single mother
- speaks often about how difficult that life was and that his family was often poor
- raps about money and getting rich because he never had any even when he was on degrassi (which apparently they paid him fuck all for) and the money going to his family
- grew up in a stable household
- put her EP on soundcloud at 16
- had record companies fighting to get her because a 16 year old white girl is marketable to them
- disses drake and nicki minaj for rapping about opulence and considers them ‘irrelevant’
oh wow go lorde you’re so great oh wow
Idk if this counts as a peeve more of an art-astronomy pet peeve
but when people draw the cresent moon and where the dark, shaddowed part of the moon is they put in stars
like studdenly that part of the moon is invisible instead of just being in the shadow
wait no peOPLE ACTUALLY DO THIS???
really stupid question though but like, aren’t there stars in front of the moon??? like??? space isn’t two dimensional so someone putting a couple stars in front of the shadow wouldn’t necessarily be wrong?? because aren’t there stars all around in space and?????? im just going to be confused forever frick uvu;
hun if there was a star infront of the moon we’d be fucking dead
i’m fucking crying
religous beliefs: sloth in a onesie
political views: two sloths in a onesie